A few days ago, the electronic parts from UltiMachine, as well as the stepper motors, arrived at my front door. I was going to go ahead and mount the motors to the frame, but the mounts on these steppers were rather peculiar. (more…)
Currently, the RepRap project is on hiatus, due to physical issues with the machine and the time required to bring it up to working order. But here to fill the rapid-prototyping void is the SeeMeCNC H-1 3D Printer! Its design is based on the RepRap Huxley, which means it has a slightly smaller build area than the Mendel, but it can still get a lot done. (more…)
The electronics setup that I decided to go with for this RepRap build was the RAMPS 1.4 platform. I ordered the RAMPS 1.4 DIY Kit Complete from Ultimachine with optical endstops and the pre-soldered SMT components. I did feel that it was worth $15 of my time and frustration trying to figure out how to solder all of those tiny parts, and I think it was a good choice. Perhaps the next build will involve using the re-flow oven, but that’s another story. (more…)
All of the ordered parts (electronics, steppers, hotend, plastic parts) have come in! Everything looks great, and Ultimachine even sent samples of green and white PLA to test things with! Also, I would like to give thanks to MakerGear for their neatly organized parts and a surprise chocolate square.
I will start soldering the electronics next and will update when that is finished.