I know I haven’t post an update on the RepRap in a while, but it’s not because it hasn’t been worked on! So here is a list of what I have done so far:
- Sourced the rest of the hardware and built the frame,
- Finished up the RAMPS electronics board and tested all of the stepper motor drivers,
- Built and tested the MakerGear hotend (extruded its first plastic!),
- Soldered up the optical end-stop boards and tested them, and
- Built the Wade’s Extruder.
What still needs to be done:
- Stepper motors still need mounting (waiting on the screws),
- Frame needs to be measured and adjusted,
- Extruder may need adjusting,
- Print surface needs to be mounted,
- Electronics need to be mounted, and wires need routing, and
- Then on to first prints!
So it’s coming along smoothly, with a couple of hiccups with the extruder and hotend, but those issues have been (hopefully) solved and the printer will be done very soon! When I’m finished, I’ll post a final cost analysis, and will offer to help print/assist anyone who wants to build their own! Here are a couple more pictures of the RepRap’s progress: (more…)