Today, I went and acquired the screws that would be needed to attach these strange stepper motors to the frame. The screws, washers, and nuts run a total of $3.00 at the nearby bolt & screw place, which wasn’t too bad. I went ahead and started mounting the motors and came across some of those issues I had worried about. (more…)
I received my H-1 Hardware and Plastic kit from SeeMeCNC in the post about three weeks ago, but decided to wait until they posted the build instructions before building the machine. Two weeks ago, they posted the instructions, and I got to work putting it together.
First off, I believe the part count for the H-1 is much higher than that of the RepRap Mendel (and probably the other RepRaps as well). But following the instructions was simple, and construction was much more satisfying than the Mendel. Only a few holes needed drilling, and bending the threaded rods was actually quite simple. (more…)
Currently, the RepRap project is on hiatus, due to physical issues with the machine and the time required to bring it up to working order. But here to fill the rapid-prototyping void is the SeeMeCNC H-1 3D Printer! Its design is based on the RepRap Huxley, which means it has a slightly smaller build area than the Mendel, but it can still get a lot done. (more…)